Three Reasons Why You Can Install a Glass Wall Yourself
3 Reasons Why You Can Install a Glass Wall Yourself
Glass block walls are a great way to add a unique, custom decorator look to your home. Most people think installing a glass block wall requires a lot of space and a call to a local contractor to hire a mason, and most masons hate installing glass block or brick because they think it is difficult.
This is a myth; glass block is not as difficult to install as you think it is. These days there is a variety of pre-fabricated glass block “kits” that include everything you need to install your own glass wall yourself. This makes it easy for weekend warriors to complete this do-it-yourself project and install a gorgeous glass block wall.
Here are 3 examples of pre-fabricated, straight glass block walls that you can install yourself.
1.European 19 Series Straight Wall Kits
The European 19 Series Straight Wall Kits incorporate the Basic Series glass blocks into easy-to-use kits. These kits come in three different kits to choose from to make your project your own.
- The European Clear Wall Kits come in two different texture patterns and nine different widths and seven different heights. These kits come with all the anchors, silicone, and spacers needed. All you need to do is get the grout.
- The European Color Wall Kits add some color to your world. The blocks in this kit are colored glass, not injected. There are seven colors to choose from (see the color selections here.) These kits also come in nine different widths and seven different heights.
- The European Brilly Wall Kits are available in thirteen different vibrant colors, turning a boring bathroom into a colorful oasis or a dark and dingy office into a creative space (see the color selections here.) This kit is also a mortarless system and comes with everything you need, all you need to do is get the grout.
2.Pegasus 19 Series Straight Wall Kits
The Pegasus 19 Series Straight Wall Kits use the Pegasus Series glass block from the Seves Glass Block™ Company. These blocks are sized metrically and come in a clear wave pattern or colored wave pattern. Selections also include the standard (non-metalized) white bond coating or the metalized bond coating on the black.
- The Pegasus Non-Metalized Series Kits come finished on one end or on two ends, the turquoise color comes without a finished end. There are several color choices to choose from (see the color selections here.)
- The Pegasus Metalized Series Kits come in several different color choices and are all available with one end finished or two ends finished. (There are 7 color options that do not offer finished end options.) There are several color choices to choose from (see the color selections here.)
Both kits are a mortarless installation and come with everything you need to complete the project, except grout.
3.Mendini Series Straight Wall Kits
The Mendini Series Straight Wall Kits use the Mendini Series blocks from Seves Glass Block™ Company. These blocks have no pattern and a metalized bond coating, creating a unique look. There are 16 different colors to choose from (see the color selections here.)
Mendini kits are a mortarless installation and come complete with the horizontal and vertical spacers, silicone, and anchors, you just need to get the grout.
Need Help? Our experts are happy to help you with any questions you have, so please contact us!